Are you planning on to travel or spending a lot of time in the car like I am? A road trip kit can be a lifesaver, put one of these together to save last minute trips to the store in a strange area while traveling. 5-hour ENERGY® shots are a great addition to your kit.
Summer has officially started! Summer to me means road trips, I love jumping in the car and exploring the road! I love the mystery, the thrill and not always knowing what we will find! My favorite way to spend time with my family is traveling but the downside to this is keeping up with the demand of attention that the road requires while driving. In comes 5-hour ENERGY® shots to save the day, I have a few stashed in my Summer Road Trip Kit for when I need that extra boost of energy or to help keep me awake and alert while driving those long road trips. I have put together my must haves for summer road trips.
5-hour ENERGY® shots also helps me keep up with my kids who have an endless supply of energy because they have been cooped up in a car for hours at a time.
I love 5-hour ENERGY® shots and have been using this product since they came out a few years ago. At first I didn’t like the taste but when they started making flavors like raspberry, orange, and pomegranate, I enjoyed drinking them! When situations require my full attention this is my “secret weapon”; they are small, smooth and really do work. This product is perfect for my road trip kit.
You can find 5-hour ENERGY® shots at most stores across the US, but my favorite retailer to buy it at is CVS. They always have great sales! When I purchased mine they were buy one get one 50% off (when you purchased the 2-pack). When you buy as many as I do that is a great deal!
TIP: stock up on items like this before you leave on your road trip since they most likely will be more expensive on the road, the gas stations might not carry them or not carry them in the flavors you like. In January while going to Lake Havesu to see my grandma I didn’t bring extra energy shots with me and I had a hard time finding them for my trip back home and had to resort to getting something else.
Reasons why I drink 5-hour ENERGY® shots
- There’s zero sugar, carbs, or herbal stimulants
- 5-hour ENERGY® shots are a dietary supplement that contains a blend of B-vitamins, amino acids, and essential nutrients
- Only four calories.
- Contain caffeine similar to a cup of coffee!
Here are some basics I never leave without:
- Eye Drops – for those times that my eyes get sore, dry from the AC blasting or allergy eyes
- Hand Sanitizer – to help keep those hands clean; I have boys that touch everything and anything!
- Tissues – to wipe noses and spills
- Disinfecting wipes and/or wet wipes – For bathrooms that are less than sanitary, to keep hands clean and to help clean any messes that happen
- First Aid Kit – to help with boo-boos because sometimes kisses are just not enough
- Headache medicine – because traveling with kids cause headaches! I feel like a ref for over half of the time on the road “stop touching each other”
- Gum and mints – to help when going through different altitudes, I just hate when my ears pop or feel “clogged”
- Sunscreen – to prevent burns while driving and can grab easily when you stop to let the kids run around and play to burn all that extra energy they have! For long trips I do this.
- Chapstick – AC tends to dry out your lips. I pack a few because I always lose them and I also have a few stashed in my car just in case I do lose them (or it’s because they were lost and I found them in the car)
- Energy Shots – for me to keep up with the rest of the family! I bring enough for my husband and me to last us a few days. He loved the grape one and my favorite is the raspberry one.
- Books, activity books and word searches – to help keep the kids and the passenger entertained just don’t forget the pens and pencils, I love doing word searches I just can’t do them from the driver’s seat –HA
- Roadside assistant and emergency numbers – always be prepared for everything and anything that can or may happen
- Phone chargers – always keep your phone charged, you never know what you will encounter
- Snacks – to help curve appetites while driving so you don’t have to make as many stops. I bring something for everyone. I bring the exact same amount of snacks for the kids so I don’t have World War 3 in the back seat because one got the snack the other one wanted, it is really hard to play ref while driving. I like to bring nuts or protein bars for me and some meat sticks for my husband. I don’t bring any chocolate because that stuff melts and that just is no fun.
- Drinks – WATER!!! I bring a lot of water on trips. I like to pack a cooler with ice or frozen water bottles to keep the drinks nice and cold. I love my 5-hour ENERGY® shots cold so I pop them in the cooler to keep them nice and cold. **if you are bringing animals make sure you pack enough water for them too
- Little trashcan or some trash bags – to keep the trash collected and I always keep some bags (or motion sickness bags) in the storage pouches that are behind the front seats just in case one of the kids gets car sick… because one of them ALWAYS does.
- Blankets and neck pillows – depending on how long the trip is I like to bring these things to help make every one sleep more comfortable
*GPS – if you don’t have one I recommend on getting one
*Tablets or in-car/portable DVD players – to keep the kids entertained
*CDs, Playlist, Satellite radio, etc. – because a good music just makes a road trip that much better
*Camera – to take pictures while on the road
*Cash – some places only take cash and with no ATMs in sight that might be an issue
My bag is all packed! Exploring is more fun when prepared with a Summer Road Trip Kit. #ThisIsMySecret to survive any summer road trip with the family. Do you have a secret way to survive during the summer? Check out 5-hour ENERGY® on Twitter and Facebook