Hey I have another great recipe for you today! Garlic Rosemary Parmesan Butter Olive Oil Popcorn is a quick, easy, and healthy snack that is great to eat at home or even when you are on the go. Popcorn, yes popcorn! We love popcorn in this family but it’s usually loaded with calories and really not on the healthy side. I am so great full to find STAR Butter Olive Oil; it has the butter flavor without all those calories.
We love munching on popcorn so I am thrilled to introduce this great snack to my family, our next family movie night will be extra special when I make this. Usually I make the good old microwave kind of popcorn but I wanted to try to make it myself. Plus it is so much healthier for you since it doesn’t have all those artificial flavorings, chemicals, and excessive amounts of salt.
I used STAR Butter Olive Oil and it was the perfect amount of butter taste for our popcorn that you don’t miss the real thing.
This should be easy right? Right!
How do you make stovetop popcorn? First you have to heat up a big pot and put 1/8 tsp. oil on the bottom. Then add your corn kernels, put the lid on, and start shaking! You shake the pan for a few minutes; vent it slightly, until all the corn kernels pop. Then you can dress it up with whatever flavors you want!
This popcorn is garlicky, cheesy, buttery, and salty with a nice rosemary touch. My boys and husband demolished a bowl of popcorn while we watched a movie. This popcorn is great for movie night, game day, parties, or everyday snacking. I’m so glad we did because this Garlic Rosemary Parmesan Butter Olive Oil Popcorn is a new favorite!
You can follow #STAROliveOil on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest. Don’t forget to visit their website to checkout all of there products. Also enter this giveaway running now on the STAR Facebook Page. You can find this great product at your local Walmart.
Butter flavored popcorn with garlic, rosemary, and Parmesan cheese. This popcorn is healthy snack perfect for movie night, game day, or everyday snacking.
- 3 tablespoons STAR Butter Olive Oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/3 cup popcorn
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt, to taste
- In a 3-quart saucepan, add STAR Butter Olive Oil over medium-low heat. Stir in the garlic and fresh rosemary. Cook for 1-2 minutes, until garlic is lightly browned.
- Remove the garlic and rosemary and set aside.
- To pop the popcorn, heat the garlic/rosemary oil on medium high heat. Put a few popcorn kernels into the oil to see if it is hot enough. If they pop, then it's ready!
- Add the popcorn kernels in an even layer, put the lid on, and start shaking! You shake the pan for a few minutes; vent it slightly, until all the corn kernels pop.
- Pour the popcorn into a large bowl. Add the garlic, and rosemary to the popcorn and gently toss. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the warm popcorn. Season with salt, to taste.
Rosemary Infused Olive Oil
Want another fun thing you can make with this butter flavored olive oil? Add in a fresh rosemary sprig to have Rosemary Infused Olive Oil that great for dipping bread in!