Summer is almost here, I can’t believe it! I thought I would talk about my top 10 favorite things to have in the summer. What are my 10 summer must haves? I wrote a list down and will tell you a little bit about why I choose these as my must haves for summer, other than A/C of course, because that’s on everyone’s list I would believe… especially here in our 110+ degree summer days in Las Vegas.
- Tank tops: I love tank tops, I actually wearing them all year round but in the summer they are a must. With tank tops I can still get a nice tan and not look like I was working on a farm (aka farmers tan), they are light weight and perfect when you would rather be still at home with just a sports bra.
- Sandals/Flip Flops: I hate shoes, but I hate having to wear socks AND shoes in 110+ degree even more so I wear my favorite flip flops everywhere.
- Sunblock: Sunblock is a must in Las Vegas, I’m pretty sure it’s a must everywhere as well but in Vegas a sun burn happens quick. I make sure the boys and I are both lathered up before we leave the house and I even carry around a travel sized bottle around with me in my purse just in case I need to reapply while I’m out and about.
- Nearby park or pool: With kids a nearby park or pool is a must in the summer EXCEPT the only thing different is that we have to go very early in the morning before it starts to get really hot. Most days we hit the park between 6am-8am to avoid the heat. If the park has a pool or splash pad I’ll take the kids around 10-ish but I make sure that I have a shady area to sit, stocked up water and watch them play.
- Road trips: I love road tips so this was a must on my top 5 of this list. Even if the road trip is a 30 minute drive to the lake, a long drive to Lake Havesu to see my grandma or a mini vacation to Laughlin I am up for it! I love the adventure, the road and not knowing what I will find along the way. I also love going on food adventures too, let the food be the guide to our next destination.
- Sun Glasses: I have light colored eyes and when you have light eyes you NEED to have sunglasses on. You should definitely wear sunglasses all year around, but in this sun it’s a must. I’m on the hunt for some blacked out sunglasses but I really haven’t found any that are cute, usually they look old lady-ish and that I am not. HA
- Tinted Moisturizer: In the summer I kick the heavy foundation to the curb (well to the bottom of the makeup bag) and wear tinted moisturizer. It’s lighter and doesn’t make you feel like your makeup is caked on and you can’t breathe. I also love that it usually SPF already in it so I don’t have to apply sunblock beforehand.
- Ice Cold Drinks & Food: Whether its ice cold water, iced tea or a margarita there’s nothing better than an iced cold drink on a really hot summer day or night! I don’t leave the house without ice cold water bottles and on some of the really hot days I bring an ice chest full of ice to keep in the car just so the water will stay as cold as possible. With food, who really wants to eat a scorching hot bowl of soup or have to turn on the oven when it’s 110+ degrees outside? Summers are ideal for salads and cold sandwiches, or a day filled with grilling.
- BBQ: The BBQ replaces my stove in the summer; I’m always grilling or finding an excuse to grill. I grill more in the summer but to me the BBQ is something that calls out to me year round.
- Beach/Lake: Some days it’s just nice to escape the hot weather to run away to the beach or lake and have fun.
These are my 10 summer must haves… what are yours?