This is a Mexican-american take on ceviche made from imitation crab meat(jaiba). Delicious and simple great for parties or potlucks, serve on tostadas or with chips. Substitute the crab meat for any other seafood if desired shrimp, fish, etc.
What you need:
2 lb Imitation Crabmeat
2 cups Lemon Juice Raw
2 cups Onions
4 Medium Tomato
1 cup Cilantro, Fresh
3 whole Jalapeno Pepper (raw)
2 cups Cucumber
1 cup Avocado
What to do:
1. Chop all ingredients and juice the Lemons. The cucumber can be chopped a little bigger then other the ingredients.
2. If you like it spicier then add more jalapenos or not as spicy don’t add as many.
3. Set the lemon juice and chopped avocado to the side.
4. Mix all other ingredients in a large bowl or serving tray.
5. Salt and pepper to taste.
6. Pour lemon juice over ceviche mix.
7. Let stand in fridge for at least an hour or overnight for better flavor.
Serve over tostadas top with avocado and hot sauce like Tapatio or eat with chips.
This recipe you can play with by adding as much or not as much as wanted. Play with it and see what you like.
If you decide to substitute Jaiba with any other raw seafood, let the seafood marinate alone in the lemon juice for atleast an hour or two in the fridge to allow the seafood to cook in the lemon juice thoroughly before adding it with all the other ingredients.