So one day I was making coffee in my coffee maker and thought can I make hot chocolate in a coffee maker? How would I make hot chocolate in a coffee maker? Well after many attempts and trial and errors I finally figured it out.
I love hot chocolate but I really dislike making it, I can never get the technique down. I microwave it and it always over flows on me making a mess that I have to clean up. I try to two cup transfer method; where you put a cup filled with water in it and heat it up and then transfer that water into another cup with the cocoa mix on the bottom, the water always gets all over the counter when trying to transfer it making another mess. The other option is heating it on the stove but to be honest I’m never in the mood to do that.
What you need:
- Coffee Maker
- Packs of hot chocolate mix (or you can make your own if ya like)
- Fill coffee maker with water, I fill mine up to the 6 cups mark.
- Open packs of hot chocolate mix and put the powder into the coffee carafe place into the coffee maker… I like to add 3-4 packs for 6 cups of water.
- Turn on and let it run
- When it’s all finished stir the hot chocolate liquid and make sure all the powder is dissolved
- Pour into cups and don’t forget the marshmallows